Energy Core Pack (23kWh)
Nanophosphate® Energy Core Pack (23kWh): Designed for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicle applications, our automotive class Energy Core Packs are designed as ready-to-use sample packs for rapid deployment into powertrains for testing and development purposes. Off-the-shelf Energy Core Packs offer an already finished design to facilitate early vehicle development with less lead time and no engineering charges. Each pack comes equipped with battery management electronics, thermal management, and standard vehicle communication and control interface.
Our Energy Core Packs are built using our AMP20 Energy Modules.
Automotive Class Lithium Ion Battery Technology
A123’s automotive class lithium ion battery systems deliver high energy without compromising power performance, excellent safety performance and extensive cycle life in a compact package.
- High Power: Higher charge and discharge rates for better performance and efficiency
- Higher Usable Energy: Wide SOC (state of charge) range enables greater battery utilization
- Extended Cycle Life: Long battery life for more than a million micro-cycles or thousands of 100% DOD (depth of discharge) cycles
- Excellent Safety: Superior abuse tolerance compared to metal oxide lithium ion chemistries
- Passenger and Commercial plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs)
- Passenger and commercial electric vehicles (EVs)
- Core module: AMP20 Energy Module
- Nominal voltage: 393V
- Nominal energy: 23kWh
- Battery Management Systems: Our Electrical Distribution Module (EDM), Battery Control Module (BCM), and Current Sense Module (CSM) are built from standard validated components