ALM Lead Acid Replacement Batteries
Nanophosphate ® ALM Series Lead Acid Replacement Batteries: The ALM (A123 Lithium Module) Series batteries deliver significantly lighter weight, higher power and longer calendar and cycle life as compared with lead acid for a number of applications, including telecommunications, data centers, medical systems, electric mobility, and UPS systems, among others.
Beginning with the first product offering in the series, the ALM 12V7, A123's ALM batteries can be deployed as direct drop-in lead acid replacements or as the modular building block for larger systems. Our robust ALMs are designed to last longer in the field, which makes them ideal for remote locations and difficult installations. For many applications, our ALMs result in a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) over lead acid due to reduced maintenance and service costs, reduced shipping and material handling costs and lower total inventory carrying costs.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Longer Life: Offers up to 20 times longer cycle life and five times longer float/calendar life than lead acid, helping to minimize replacement costs and reduce total cost of ownership
- Lighter Weight: Weigh less than half of comparable lead acid batteries
- Higher Power: Delivers twice the power of lead acid, even at high discharge rates, while maintaining high energy capacity
- Superior Safety: A123's Nanophosphate lithium iron phosphate chemistry provides excellent abuse tolerance, and multiple layers of protection are employed at the chemistry, cell and system levels
- Increased Flexibility: Modular design enables deployment of up to four ALM batteries in series and up to 10 in parallel without requiring additional electronics, helping to reduce system complexity and increase durability